Wednesday 8 June 2011

Cheats Pizza and Garlic Bread

I made this last night. It's not the first time I've used this recipe, but last night I took a chunk of the dough and used the same cooking principle to make a cheese and tomato garlic bread too, kind of Dominos-esque. I have to say it was delicious. I served with potato wedges last night (I really wanted a Dominos!) but usually I serve with coleslaw and salads.
 
You can thank Jamie Oliver for this recipe.
  
 
1.5 mugs self raising flour
half a mug of tepid water (use the same mug)
pinch of salt
glug of olive oil
toppings: tomato sauce (I used passata mixed with pesto and a blob of tomato puree to thicken), cheese and other toppings as required. 
 
Mix the dough ingredients together until you have a soft dough, using a food processor if possible. Heat a frying pan on a medium high heat and drizzle with oil. Roll out your dough on a floured board and transfer to your frying pan. Switch on your grill to high. Top the pizza with your sauce, cheese and chosen toppings. Allow the base to firm up and go golden before transferring to the grill to cook the top. Keep checking, I usually turn the grill down a little so it cooks a little slower and more evenly.

To make a garlic bread to go alongside, chop a small chunk of dough off and cook in the same way. Top with tomato sauce, blob garlic butter over and top with cheese. You could also do a whole pizza size like this if you are feeding a crowd.


1 comment: