Thursday 16 June 2011

Rice Crispie Brownies

I really should be being more productive. My big Bee, Heather, is sleeping on the sofa. This is unheard of these days - a snooze in the car is more likely. My little Bee, Megan, is midway through her lunch time nap.

Peace and quiet at the Bee Hive.

There are many things I could be doing. I could be folding washing and reloading the washing machine. I could be cleaning the bathroom. I could be trying to make sense of the nursery. I could even be out enjoying the splash of usually unseen Scottish sun bathing my house today. How I choose to spend my hour of peace today though is, as it so often is, in the kitchen.

Today's recipe is not what I thought my next post would be. I had thought maybe something more sophisticated than my last couple of offerings, yet here I am posting the recipe for Rice Crispie Brownies. It is Rice Crispie cake by another name, but creamy and addictive in a way ordinary chocolate and crispies aren't. This recipe comes from Nigella Lawson's Kitchen. The sophistication can wait.

100g butter (preferably unsalted)
150g milk choc chips
50g dark choc chips
75g golden syrup
150g Rice Crispies

150g chocolate chips - White, milk, dark or a mixture

Line a brownie tin with foil.

Melt the first 200g chocolate, butter and syrup on a low heat. When melted, remove from the heat and add the crispies. When cooled slightly, add the additional 150g chips.

Transfer to your lined tin and chill for roughly 4 hours.

Keeps for several days in a sealed tub but I guarantee it won't last that long! This is for all the BabyCentre girls.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy sounds lush I may have to archive this one for after the wedding. Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete